THE CHRISTIAN MOTHER:
First published in 1880, Rev. Cramer begins at the door of the Church with the mother who has come for God’s blessing upon her as a mother. He continues to explain along with this beautiful ceremony, the vocation of Motherhood and the virtues necessary to fulfill this important vocation.
Rev Cramer explains how a young woman should approach the sacrament of matrimony and then assists her in the proper education of her children. After all the important advice on raising children many prayers are included covering all the situations of a mother and her children.
This book, considered timely at the turn of the century, is more so now since in the past many lessons that may have been overlooked by mothers were taught by the sisters at Catholic schools and mothers could also find true Catholic answers to the circumstances of daily life. The lessons that are learned at the foot of the mother are necessary all through life and unto eternity. This treasure for mothers will provide the advise mothers need to raise their children and the prayers she should daily raise to heaven to request graces for her family.
MOTHERS WILL LEARN:
* Duties toward their children and how to fulfill them
* The proper love they should have toward their children
* The examples both good and bad that they give to their children by their actions
* How and when to introduce the children to the truths of our holy religion
* How to behave with regard to the faults of the children & how to rid their children of faults including:
* Selfishness, and more..
* The importance of modesty and innocence
* The mother’s direction of her children
* God’s word concerning parents and their duties
* How to pray for her children and herself
* The duties of a mother of a priest
* To offer Holy Mass to obtain the graces necessary to fulfill her vocation.
* To offer Holy Mass for her children.
* To obtain the grace to give good example
* For the most important situations and necessities of a mother,
* To obtain the gifts of the Holy Ghost
* Prayers for children preparing for their first Confession and for children preparing for their first communion
* The Holy Way of the Cross to be made by the Christian mother for the benefit of her children
* The Rosary of the Christian mother
* To obtain for a son a vocation to the priesthood
* Many more!